[CLUE-Tech] ARP problems with Linux...

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 18:05:18 MST 2001

> I'm testing the firewalls functionality without
> putting it in position between to physical networks.
> When this is done and working properly (I have many
> other things I'm setting up on it as well) I will have
> a DMZ set up and the interfaces _will_ be on separate
> networks.

AHA
When did you set up the firewall? here is my guess at what is happening

external responds, says I can reach that IP, even though it's not
me(see previous post)

normally, this would work, but your firewall is more extensivly
blocking on the external interface (to prevent spoofing, so the packet
is getting dropped)

Brandon