[CLUE-Tech] using IRC

McIllece, Matthew W matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Mon Jan 15 18:48:25 MST 2001

Recently, I tried to use an IRC client for the first time.  I started /usr/bin/irc with a specified server and joined a particular channel.  I was able to see that my nickname showed up as joining the channel, and I could see others as they joined the channel.  I could even see the other's messages as they posted to the channel.  But no matter how many times I posted to the channel, I could not see my own messages post.  I also got no response from the other users which makes me think that they couldn't see my messages either.  I was not preceding my messages with a forward slash, only my commands.  Has anyone any insight as to what I might have been doing wrong?

Also, I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite chat clients are....