[CLUE-Tech] IBM Thinkpad Laptop comment

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Jan 17 15:06:22 MST 2001

Hey all,

My wife is looking to update her laptop later on this year, so I'm
starting to investigate what's available. While she has a Toshiba, I
called IBM today about their laptops which were good prices. But, it
came with the Screw Me edition of MS and Lotus SmartSuite.  I asked
about Linux and they load only Caldera 2.4.  Second, they will not
refund for SmartSuite OR the Microsoft version of THAT OS because "We
have to test the machines before they go out the door and you have to
have an OS on it."  Well, why not check it with Linux?  Sheesh!  Anyway,
I'm in the process of looking if anyone has any comments.

Kevin