[CLUE-Tech] CD-writer software

Sue Bauer-Lee sblee at tazmania.org
Thu Jan 18 06:03:19 MST 2001

Perhaps a little more info? Is this a Gnome/GUI based application?
How about a URL?

I'm up there with Lynn regarding xcdroast. I'm very disappointed even
with the latest version that's been under development for the past year
so I primarily use it (if needed) for data CDs and have resorted to
writing scripts using combinations of cdrdao for audio CDs.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:57:18PM -0700, Match Grun wrote:
> Have you tried gcombust?
>
> Match
>
> Lynn Danielson wrote:
> >
> > "Shapiro, Gary L" wrote:
> > >
> > > Apparently, I can erase a disk using cdrecord in command-line mode. I wonder
> > > why that capability wasn't incorporated into the xcdroast front-end.
> >
> > Excuse me for going off on a tangent, but I have to say that I've been
> > rather dissapointed with xcdroast.  Especially when it comes to creating
> > CDDAs, each time I've tried to use xcdroast every tune sounded like an
> > oscillating feedback loop.  On the otherhand, using cdparanoia and
> > cdrecord from the command line has always worked great.  Is there a
> > trick to configuring xcdroast to work properly with cdparanoia?
> >
> > Lynn Danielson

Sue Bauer-Lee          |    KE4HNN
PO Box 2900            |
Lilburn, GA 30048      |    Email: sblee at tazmania.org