[CLUE-Tech] 2.4 and PCMCIA

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Thu Jan 18 14:16:36 MST 2001

Well I installed 2.4 at home on my workstation.  No troubles.  So, I
decided to try it on my laptop since it has USB and all.  It seems to die
badly trying to start PCMCIA.  I removed PCMCIA, built the kernel to
include it, then built the pcmcia-cs packages to go along with it.  Well,
when it got to the startup script and tried to get pcmcia going, it locked
solid.  It must have been spinning the CPU at 100% because the cooling fan
came on.

I was using 2.4.0, and pcmcia-cs-3.1.23 which says it is supposed to work
with 2.4.  I am pretty sure I just didn't install something right.

Any ideas?  Anyone else try PCMCIA with 2.4?