[CLUE-Tech] Modem response to prompt

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Jan 31 16:30:58 MST 2001

"Adolf, Michael F" wrote:

> I am new to linux.  Here is my first problem.  I have a SoundBlaster modem
> that works for all ppp dialups I have created execpt one.  When connecting
> to the problem ISP, the server sends a prompt of PASSCODE instead of
> PASSWORD,  the Modem does not know what to send back, so it sends ppp,
> which, naturally doesn't work.  Can I edit some script or moden config file
> to insturct the modem to send the password when it sees the prompt PASSCODE?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Of what little I know, you might check the script to see if it has PASS*
or some other phrase which could be different between connections. I.e.
some may ask for a PASSCODE, others a PASSWORD, in either case, you
would put PASS* with the * being a "wild card" to accept anything
related.

Hope this helps.

Kevin