[CLUE-Tech] CLUE: KIlistrator anyone

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 12:46:28 MDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Richard Knechtel wrote:

> Does anyone have the now "band" KIlistrator that Adobe was being such a
> prick about?

I'm sure I've got a copy somewhere on one of my various review
copies of SuSE or Linux-Mandrake. What format are you looking for it in?

Actually, from what I've gathered, Adobe has little to nothing to do with
the lawsuit. It was filed in Germany by a firm that may or may not actually
be associated with Adobe. This was discussed on the Debian user mailing list
a bit this week, and someone from Germany said that German copyright law allows
*anyone* to file an infringement suit. What seems to have taken place is a
German law firm simply sued the guy for infringement just to stick him for
$2K or so in fees...

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net