[CLUE-Tech] Yet another reason to use Linux exCLUEsively

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 15:07:08 MDT 2001

I see Linux combined with a clone computer as protecting me to a certain extent
from planned obsolescence.  Of course there are certain improvements being made
in hardware and software all the time.  Personally I've never felt M$ made a very
good operating system, and as time goes by, they don't seem to make it any better
or improve it much.  Instead they just seem to accelerate the product
obsolescence cycle and create unnecessary and cumbersome "features" that don't
add any real value to the system.  One of the beauties of Linux is that is does
run on somewhat older hardware, and gives the user control to pair down the
system to only those features and applications he would actually want to use.
For example I have decided to use the "ICEwm" with Libranet because it does what
I want and because is has less so called "features," it has a  much quicker
response time than other larger GUI's.  I imagine that you have extended the
concept even further by not using a GUI much at all.  None of this is really
possible as far as I know with M$ or Apple bloatware.