[CLUE-Tech] M$ the Monopolist

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jun 30 14:13:06 MDT 2001

> The ruling "puts everything Microsoft is doing in doubt,"
>

> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5093499,00.html

U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft, at a press conference Thursday,
hedged when asked about possible settlement negotiations.

"I don't believe that we're in a weakened position. My own view is that
this is a victory for the department, and so the department is not, I
believe, in a weakened position here," he said. *"The court did find
that Microsoft had engaged in unlawful conduct to maintain its dominant
position in the computer operating system arena."*