[CLUE-Tech] SMTPD help?

Tim Russell tim.russell at ilg.com
Thu Mar 8 13:13:26 MST 2001

Is anyone using the Obtuse SMTPD email proxy?  I recently installed it and
have it in a chroot'ed jail in /var/spool/smtpd.  The smtpd is complaining
that it can't do reverse lookups on incoming hosts, which is ticking me off.

This is based on RH 7.0, and in the /etc in the jail, I have hosts,
host.conf, resolv.conf and localtime.  The host.conf file just has "order
hosts,bind", the hosts file has a line for an internal host, which /is/
being picked up, but DNS reverse lookups are failing.  resolv.conf has two
Internet nameservers in it, and when I do an "nslookup <ipaddress>" on the
system, reverse lookups work, just not in the chroot jail.

Can anyone think of anything else I need in there to make libresolv happy?
I'd appreciate any help.

Tim Russell
Solution Architect
Interlink Group Incorporated