[CLUE-Tech] Calling Grant

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 11:21:01 MST 2001

I know that the firewall is built into the kernel, but I have also
learned that SuSE has their own way of doing things that is definitely
different than other distributions.  Some of it has to do with their
"YaST" and YaST2" configuration tools and other things they do that seem
to be a modification of the standard way of doing things.  However SuSE
does claim to be in compliance with some agreed upon standard.  In fact
they tout it as a feature of their distribution.  That's why, at least
in the beginning, I want to stick with whatever it is they have done.
For this reason, I am most appreciative of the links you have posted
because they will undoubtedly help me to understand what it is that they
have done. (Assuming I can understand it at all.)