[CLUE-Tech] databases and timestamps ... 'since' idiom

Dave Price davep at support-one.com
Sat Mar 17 22:34:16 MST 2001

I am using postgres right now, but a lot of my input data comes in as
various delimited text files.

Is the time_t time format the same as a *nix time stamps?
Is there a core module that handles time_t, or do i need a CPAN module added?
One weird bit, I sometimes like to 'predigest' my text files a bit under
active state for win32.