[CLUE-Tech] enabling ftp

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Sun Mar 18 12:36:20 MST 2001

The /etc/services file is not intended to control the services
that are activated on the computer. It is provided so that
applications can map a service name to a TCP/IP port. For
example, a telnet application should perform a lookup on
"telnet" to determince that it should use port 23. In C,
this is provided in the getservbyname() function, which
performs the actual lookup on the /etc/services file.

Mmmm...