[CLUE-Tech] problems with NFS

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 10:36:26 MST 2001

you don't have the NFS daemon started on the server machine.

with solaris at least, I'm not sure about linux, when the machine boots
up it looks for something in /etc/exports, if it doesn't find anything,
it doesn't start NFS, so if you later add something, it won't work
because the daemon isn't started.

Try a reboot, or depending on your init type, just run the
/etc/init.d/nfsd start
(there may actually be two scripts to start)
Brandon