[CLUE-Tech] Re:/cli/suks

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 23 06:09:06 MST 2001

Obviously it has its place, but I don't see it as the most desirable
interface for a home personal computer.  I was pointing up the fact that
it's prone to the possibility of error due to mistyping, not to mention
the fact that it usually requires an extensive reference book which in
turn requires the user to be familiar with cryptic syntax.  I would like
to see the recursive switch added to the permissions dialog box on
graphical file managers in Linux.  How to make Linux user friendly on a
home computer requires a great deal of thought and discussion.  There is
a huge difference in administering a server array that has no GUI
installed and a home PC that is being operated by users who could care
less about recompiling their kernel.  While the CLI may be powerful,
it's not intuitive.