[CLUE-Tech] AT&T@home and Linux Network

Joshua M. McClain tartan at mindspring.com
Wed May 9 15:32:09 MDT 2001

Tim, can the Linksys box provide port redirection from external sources to
internal clients?  I know the D-Link does, and quite well.  But if there's
an old 486 lying around, why spend the coin on a new box?, when ipchains
should be more than anyone should ever need at home.  Plus, the experience
of running a firewall.  My $0.02.

You are correct, though -- a small appliance would consume less juice (and
generate much less heat) than another computer.

Josh McClain
92 ST185
88 ST162
95 VZN130