[CLUE-Tech] for those of you on AT&T@home

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Fri May 11 08:53:49 MDT 2001

Using the -audp and -atcp flags, my portsentry has captured more than one
@home scanner and blocked them.  I don't know if portsentry requires a
rapid succession of ports, there are other ways of checking to see if it's
a port scan. (i.e. spoofed host address, stealth scan, smurfs, xmastree)

Sure, you can always just deny 24.*.*.*, I'm just showing another way to do
it :)

-Dan Harris