[CLUE-Tech] Distributed collaboration

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Sat May 19 08:33:34 MDT 2001

Sounds like the need for a checkin/checkout system.. Version control basically

CVS won't do what your talking about.  Its built on the idea that everyone
can have a local copy.

Products like LiveLink and Documentum are good for this kind of thing. I don't
know of any OSS products that do document and version control that well.

You might want to look into either (a) making your own document management
system with those requirements you stated or look into some products that
do document / content management such as Zope or phpGroupware.

You can put pretty simple interfaces on any of these solutions through
web portals.

ian