[CLUE-Tech] Full /var.

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Mon May 21 13:45:47 MDT 2001

A very low priority system I run occasionally fills up /var with logs
(uses all the i-nodes, actually).  Can anyone point me at docs or
suggest what I should do to keep this from happening?  (It's low
priority or I'd go looking myself.)

This is a SuSE (6.3) system.  I notice there's a logrotate program that
runs and makes lots of oddly named files in /var/log/mail and
/var/log/news.  (Probably I should figure out how to turn off mail,
news, and their logs since they aren't needed.)  Perhaps this logrotate
is broken?

Thanks.