[CLUE-Tech] Goodness... a bit of geeky prose.

Tue May 29 12:37:56 MDT 2001

I frequently find myself wondering why, as a Windows expert, I continue to
be attracted to this confusticated mule of an OS.  Why, when I have achieved
near-mastery of the Windows family, with it's ease-of-use and popularity, do
I continue to slam my head against the cold black stone of the Linux command
line interface?
There is something pure, good, almost holy, about finding the one line in
the one configuration file, that solves the problem.  It is good to know
that I know exactly what happened within every component, because I was the
one who made the changes.
Today, I have slain the dragon...  Well OK, I knocked it out long enough to
run to a safe distance.  The mis-configuration which prevented my
Linux-to-W2000-over-Samba backups from processing is gone...  My hands feel
good.