[CLUE-Tech] Goodness... a bit of geeky prose.

grant grant at amadensor.com
Tue May 29 16:20:49 MDT 2001

> Not to mention,  it's great for 2 field, 3 line data bases.

Hey, Moderater, he's making fun of me!!!!!

BTW, I found the fix for the GUI stuff.  The shared object it was loading
was looking for something else that it could not find.  I sym-linked
EVERYTHING in the /usr/local/pgsql/lib and include directories, and it all
worked fine.  The make file just puts stuff not in places normally in the
path.

That is the most serious error so far.  My testing seems to point to
something I expected:  The more users and more load you put on it, the
better it looks performance-wise.  As I added users to the load, other
servers (running a nameless product on a DUAL 933 Server class
machine with RAID5 UltraWide SCSI Cheetah's and 1G of memory) which beat
it under a few users began to lag behind my machine (SINGLE 366 Laptop
EIDE, 96M of memory).

Performance tip:
Establishing connections hurts, but the more connections, the better.  So,
connect how many you can use concurrently, then leave them up and running.