[CLUE-Tech] redirection question for Apache

jason at matchingmoms.com jason at matchingmoms.com
Sat Nov 3 21:50:52 MST 2001

I want my home page to be generated by a perl script.  I'm using Red Hat 7.1
and the Apache web server which came with that distribution.

My default home page is /var/www/html/index.hmtl.  To test redirection using
the HTTP_EQUIV tag I created the following index.html:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP_EQUIV="Refresh"
CONTENT="2;URL=http://192.168.0.200/index.html.old">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
please wait
</BODY>
</HTML>

When I point my browser to it, I see "please wait" on the screen and nothing
else happens.  Does anyone know how to redirect the browser to another
location (preferably without Javascript or some other client-side tool).

Thanks!
Jason