[CLUE-Tech] Oh yea!

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Mon Nov 12 13:30:39 MST 2001

For a cross over, reverse the pairing (input vs output) on one end of
the cable.

To follow spec (if you care,) Ethernet should be wired to the TIA568B
standard, color order is:

1) White-Orange
2) Orange
3) White-Green
4) Blue
5) White-Blue
6) Green
7) White-Brown
8) Brown

Ethernet uses the Orange and Green pairs in 568B.  A quick check when
looking at a modular RJ-45 mail will have a white-color alternating
pattern over-all, even with the split green pair.

Make sure you crimp and punch *very well*.  One of the most frustrating
things in the world is to have one conductor be not quite connected.

-D

--

--Dave Hahn
--TechAngle Inc