[CLUE-Tech] ethernet wiring

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Mon Nov 12 14:07:30 MST 2001

> It would be good to do the colors the way T568(A or B) says, but isn't
> essential.  Also note that you only use 4 of the 8 wires, so if you
> screw up on an unused pair you won't notice it.

Am I to believe that I can run two sets of ethernet (two plugs) off of the
same cable (or is that a bad idea)? I suppose I could also run the phone
line on the same cable as well...

When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by
reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"