[CLUE-Tech] KISS session tomorrow

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Tue Nov 13 09:04:22 MST 2001

Yes, that certainly would be good reading.  There have been a few kernel
  comparisons, mostly between revisions of it, like 2.2 vs 2.4 and 2.4
with the "old" VM vs the "new" VM.  Unfortunately all these results tend
to get clouded with contoversy and a heated debate over whether the
testing criteria were valid (could have given one method an advantage vs
another, etc, etc...)  I'd rather stay away from that can of worms :)
Plus, I think it would be better left to someone much more
kernel-knowledgable than myself.

My comments regarding speed increases are derived through my own
observations with no empirical studies to back them up.
   However, I firmly believe very noticeable speed improvements can be
had by selecting the appropriate options.

Dan Harris