[CLUE-Tech] Support for new Linksys lne100txNIC?

mfporter at mindspring.com mfporter at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 14 12:38:37 MST 2001

Does anyone know about Linux support for the Linksys lne100tx version 5?

I'm getting cable internet service, so my aging Pentium desktop needs a NIC. I'd heard good things about Linksys and their support for Linux, so I picked up a lne100tx.

However, the card I got is Version 5 (or is it 5.1?).  Whereas version 4.1 evidently supported Linux (it had Tux on the box and everything) the manual for my new card specifically says that while Linksys cards have tested well with Linux, Linksys does not support Linux for this card, and does not provide Linux drivers.

Does anyone have experience using this card with Linux?  Will it work with standard Tulip drivers, like the older versions apparently did?  Should I have gotten the Netgear card instead?

Thanks,

 --Matt.