[CLUE-Tech] HELP - window manager

jon b jontheisguy at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 23:45:06 MST 2001

Hey all.  I am dropping this quick request because my Gnome/KDE abilities
have come to a fast halt.  I am running RH 7.1 on my IBM notebook.  I
installed enlightenment-0.16-4 or something like that.  I then went through
Gnome Control Panel and switched to Enlightenment.  After Enlightenment
started running I noticed it was speedy.  It did take away the bar for Gnome
though?  Anyways I uninstalled through GnoRPM after attempting many times
(probably more than five) to switch back to sawfish.  This should have
happened fairly easily, right?  Nope... almost as if Enlightenment didn't
want to give up the installation.  Some really great fonts, colors, etc. but
I am a newbie and need the Gnome bar on the bottom.

Now Enlightenment is uninstalled and I can't get X-server to run properly
because of the WM (my strong hunch).  Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Jon Buttjer
jontheisguy at yahoo.com