[CLUE-Tech] PHP or CSS question

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Nov 17 23:44:07 MST 2001

Jeff,

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> PHP can also handle layout and style and it can work well.  But, PHP is meant
> to aid you in making the site dynamic.  For example, you can use PHP to
> publish news items and build a 'What's New' page easily.  You can store data
> in a database (almost any database) and retrieve it from PHP.

Could it also be used as a "superset" or be inclusive for static stuff?
While it might be well suited for dynamic stuff, it sounds like it could
be the default for all HTML, would you agree?

> So, to solve your problem of 'making one change that affects the whole site',
> you should use CSS if that change is simply one of look.  If you want to
> easily update information that affects the whole site, use php.

I'm looking for less of a look, and more of "admining" the site wiht
little content, like a footer on the web pages.

Kevin