[CLUE-Tech] Dec Alpha computers

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Tue Nov 20 14:37:52 MST 2001

On 11-20 07:09, Haley, Mike wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to find out if there is any interest among the LUG in having
> Dec Alpha computers for cheap or free.
>
> I just acquired over 30 of these computers and would like to find good homes
> for them.  The computers are Dec Alphastation 255, running at 233Mhz, with
> 64 meg ram, 2 ea. 1 gig HD (SCSI), a CD-rom (SCSI), a floppy,  a VGA card,
> external connector for SCSI (termination attached), connectors for 2 serial
> & 1 parallel port, built in ethernet and build in sound device.  No monitors
> or keyboards or mice but work with standard PS/2.
>
> I checked on the vendor links at debian.org and found Linux releases from
> Debian, Red Hat, Mandrake and SUSe for the Alpha but have not acquired any
> yet.
>
> If your are interested in having one of these or think I should bring some
> in for door prizes please let me know.

Yes, indeedy!!! Can't think of anything cooler for a door prize than this!!
I'd like to try both Linux and FreeBSD on Alpha....the next meeting could
be covering something as drab and as unrelated to Linux as filling out tax
forms, and I'll still be there, if these are the door prizes! :)

Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc at home.com
IM-> Yahoo: seanleblancathome ICQ: 138565743 MSN: seanleblancathome AIM: sleblancathome
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can
be the thoughtless act of a single day.
-Winston Churchill
Management QOTD:We are in jeopardy if we do not improve predictability and take a broad horizontal view across the requirements.