[CLUE-Tech] RE: responses for Dec Alpha computer boxes.

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Tue Nov 20 19:49:26 MST 2001

"Haley, Mike" wrote:

> I have received a lot of responses for these Alphas so far.  I will try to
> accommodate everybody.

I haven't seen Jeff Cann pipe up yet about wanting one as a door prize, but
I have to believe he'd be keen on the idea.  The donation would also make
you a shoo-in as a CLUE sponsor. :-)

> The cost will be whatever you feel like paying or trading to me, if anything.

That's asking to be taken advantage of. ;-)  I for one would feel more
comfortable if you'd suggest a dollar amount.

> Shall I bring them to the next CLUE meeting to distribute?  Does anybody
> know how I can find out if I can get into the Hall-Kinion DTC building about
> a half hour early and if they have a dolly I can use?

This could work.  I'm usually at Hall-Kinion a half an hour before the
meeting -- that's when the security lock kicks in.  I can make a point
of being there earlier for this.  I don't know if a dolly is available --
I'll check, but I'd suggest that you only bring into the building what's
going to be given away as a door prize.  Anyone else who is going to pick
one up from you could either pick it up at that time (a half hour before
the meeting) or perhaps after the meeting if that suits you.

> Is somebody willing to put their CD burning to use to make it easy for
> the rest to get copies of the Alpha Linux versions?

I'd hate to deprive Dave of a learning experience, but I could readily
duplicate several sets of the CDs.

Thanks for your generosity and willingness to do this!

Lynn Danielson