[CLUE-Tech] Alpha computers

mhaley at americanisp.net mhaley at americanisp.net
Thu Nov 22 07:23:30 MST 2001

Hello Everybody and happy Turkey Day!

If anybody posted anything for me after about 3:00PM yesterday and you want me
to read it before Monday you will need to re-post it as I wasn't signed up on
the list at my home email before now.

To address a few questions about getting the Alphas:
There are reasons why I haven't set fixed prices to these except to ask you to
either pay me a little or trade me something.  I did have to buy these (and
transport them and check them out) but it wasn't a whole lot of money.  The
*REAL* price of these is that I expect to get to learn from you all and your
experiences using these Alphas, a better ROI for me than making a few bucks.
I'm not asking to be taken advantage of by not setting a fixed price, it is an
opportunity for you to decide what is fair trade for you.

Another reason for making these cheap is that I want to give something back to
the CLUE.  After all, I have been getting free knowledge and winning door
prizes for about a year and now I have the opportunity to make my own
contribution to the group.  I posted to the CLUE-Tech list even though this
isn't a technical discussion (yet) because I don't have enough Alphas for
everybody and I thought that those who are the most active and most willing to
share knowledge would be found here and should have first dibs.

Somebody mentioned that Jeff Cann has not responded yet.  I am thinking some
people are on vacation this week and won't find out about this until next week.
 So, to be fair to them, everybody that requested an Alpha will get one and I
will hold the rest in reserve for a little while before letting anybody have
more than one.  CLUE and TriLUG will get theirs too.  Except for those that
makes other arrangements, I will be at the next CLUE meeting 1/2 hour early and
will also stay late so these can be picked up.  I intent to put a few up as
door prizes too.

Enjoy your Turkey Day!

Mike Haley