[CLUE-Tech] apache + ssl + web server cluster + one domain name= nightmare

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Nov 26 13:58:15 MST 2001

I totally agree, I've spend over $3500 on this, and they told me that's
how I had to do it.  I thought there was a way to buy one cert, and have
all 3 servers using it, but they said no.  Obviously, they wanted to
squeeze my company for all we're worth, so ofcourse they would tell me
that.  There *should* be a free system, or cheaper.  Like you said, they
have a monopoly, it's not cool.  Yeah, I've got the round robin working
fine in bind, and the load balancing working great with cold fusion
server 5.0, no problems there.  It's just my apache config that's not
working correctly. However, I DID get it to work by assiging the www2
cert file under the <IfDefine HAVE_SSL> part.  Then, I stuck the generic
www cert virtual host down below.  Don't ask my why this works, and it
didn't work my other way, but I'm just happy it's working now!