[CLUE-Tech] DSL QoS monitoring.

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Sat Oct 27 22:06:17 MDT 2001

Hello,

I am glad to see that the Americanisp was able to solve the problem of not being
able to connect to them between 0500 - 0800. Had they been able to solve this
problem in September, I would still be a customer of theirs.

Based upon the information in Brad's message, it would that appear that my blaming
Americanisp as the SOLE cause of the connection problem was unjust, as the fault
also appears to be QWest's. For this unfairness, I publically apologize. Since Brad
replied to clue-tech, I will post this here also.

I do not want it to appear that I have an ax to grind for Americanisp. I do not. It
was simply that, although I had been happy with Americanisp's service up until the
time of these connection problems, when they were repeatedly, over a period of at
least a month, unable to solve what I saw as a major problem, I felt that I had
every right to try another ISP. There are simply too many ISP's in Denver not to
have to pay for and put up with poor service from one of them. Unfortunately, if the
cause of the problem is as Brad has stated it is, as long as Qwest is the virtual
sole provider of residential DSL in Denver, we may have to.

BOF