[CLUE-Tech] Galeon + Mozilla = Strange

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Oct 28 22:08:41 MST 2001

Greetings folks.

Well, I just don't know what to make of this. I suppose a bugreport is in
order, but I thought I'd see what interesting thoughts it generates among
the Cluefull.

I'm running RH71, with a few gtk+ and glib[c] updates thrown in from
Rawhide. In particular:

  mozilla-0.9.2-10
  galeon-0.11.3-1

So here's the sequence:
  start up galeon, load slashdot
  go to the "OpenSource Monopoly story"
  click (button 2) on the Cnet article (open in new window)
  wait for it to load (give up after 22K, click [stop]
  start up mozilla

Screenshots at http://www.rockchucker.com/galeon-buggy.html.

Note the window title for the mozilla app is "Untitled - Galeon"
Note that Mozilla is ignoring all my preferences

Dunno why Galeon won't load Cnet either <sigh>. (It doesn't load in
Mozilla either):
  http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1275-210-7632187-1.html?tag=bt_bh

Cheers,
jed
p.s. Note the cool desktop background while you're looking ;-).
--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."