[CLUE-Tech] Galeon + Mozilla = Strange

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Oct 29 17:00:45 MST 2001

Well, I don't know what the problem is.  But that never stopped me posting
before ;-)

"Jed S. Baer" wrote:

> So here's the sequence:
>   start up galeon, load slashdot
>   go to the "OpenSource Monopoly story"
>   click (button 2) on the Cnet article (open in new window)
>   wait for it to load (give up after 22K, click [stop]
>   start up mozilla
>
> Screenshots at http://www.rockchucker.com/galeon-buggy.html.
>
> Note the window title for the mozilla app is "Untitled - Galeon"
> Note that Mozilla is ignoring all my preferences

Well, I don't know about galeon and cnet.  But your mozilla window looks like
it's running inside galeon (as a plug-in maybe).  That probably explains why
it ignores your preferences - seems that galeon did some navigator.xul link
to run it for you.  Can you run Mozilla without galeon running?

You might keep trying the link - may just be network problems.

> p.s. Note the cool desktop background while you're looking ;-).

Indeed.

Dave