[CLUE-Tech] Transparent proxy article.

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Oct 30 11:10:33 MST 2001

Someone at Installfest mentioned they were going to work on a
transparent proxy.  Here's an article on the subject:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/10/25/transparent_proxy.html

As the first article I've read on the subject, it's ok.  Points out some
potential problems, which is nice.  Seems like there are ways around
these (to make a truly transparent proxy that can handle ftp and ssl, as
well as http to ports other than 80).  But I'm not up for writing new
netfilter modules at the moment, so maybe it's harder than I think.