[CLUE-Tech] Serial console screen size.

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Sep 12 12:19:39 MDT 2001

I've set up a debian system to use ttyS0 as the console.  Init runs
getty on it with a vt100 terminal type.

When I connect to this system with teraterm emulating a vt100, I only
get about 25 lines of the window used, so making the window bigger
doesn't get me anything and confuses some programs (like man).

Anyone know how to get more lines on my terminal?  Teraterm supports
some other modes, like vt20x and vt30x.  Various howtos and man pages
didn't help.  I tried looking at the terminfo database, but couldn't
find the source, only the compiled files.

Thanks.