[CLUE-Tech] My Open Relay (again)

Michael James Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Thu Sep 13 10:07:12 MDT 2001

I have included a link to sendmail's Anti-Spam Configuration Control web
page.  It should tell you what you need to do.  If you get somebody
elses configuration file it probably isn't going to do what you need it
to do.
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti-spam.html

You can also visit
http://www.mail-abuse.org/tsi/ar-fix.html
which is a link that I found in the ORDB.org FAQ under the question "How
do I close my open relay?"  It eventually took me to the link above.

BUT, if you really think that your machine has been comprimised then you
need to get it off the net and rebuild it.  If somebody was able to
change your sendmail.cf then who knows what other backdoors have been
placed on that system and possibly other systems on your network.
Nothing on that machine is safe if it was comprimised!