[CLUE-Tech] MASSIVE UDP packets?

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 22:45:36 MDT 2001

> Here is a sample log entry:
> Sep 19 21:13:51 jumanji kernel: Packet log: input ACCEPT eth0
> PROTO=17
> 24.1.8.14:121 24.1.15.255:121 L=50 S=0x00 I=61766 F=0x0000 T=30 (#12)

It is a broadcast packet, as the "24.1.15.255" shows.
:121 shows the port, but I'm not aware of a service at port 121, it
isn't something standard, but could be related to something the user at
.14 is using.

I found this from IANA:
erpc            121/tcp    Encore Expedited Remote Pro.Call
erpc            121/udp    Encore Expedited Remote Pro.Call

I wouldn't worry about it too much, are they almost always coming from
the same machine?

Brandon