[CLUE-Tech] Firewall [was: MASSIVE UDP packets?]

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Sep 21 11:47:47 MDT 2001

Warren wrote:

> I can't remember if this has been mentioned here, but a brain-dead easy
> firewall to use and configure is CoyoteLinux
> (http://www.coyotelinux.com/).  You'll be up and running in minutes.

Coyote on an old box looks like a good alternative to hardware firewalls
like Linksys makes.  Seems to use ipchains, so you know what you're getting
and can probably tweak it if the brain-dead easy config isn't quite what
you need.

Since it's a single floppy distro, might be limited if you want to use your
gateway machine for other services (proxy, cache, etc).