[CLUE-Tech] Office Apps

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Sep 21 17:28:45 MDT 2001

--- Timothy Klein <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:
> When I first switched to Linux a few years ago, I found the lack of
> an office suite disconcerting. Today, though, I have no office suite
> installed, and I no longer feel the need for one.  I am curious, how
> many others use an office suite of apps?

I like the presentation tool in Star Office not only for
putting together slide shows, but for quick informational
flyers.  It's very easy to import a graphic, size it to
the page and add a box of text next to it.

Otherwise, my primary use of Star Office has been to open
the occasional Word document that some people feel compelled
to email.  For the most part I'm very happy without an
"Office" suite.

Lynn Danielson