[CLUE-Tech] Linux "email firewall"

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Fri Apr 5 09:50:44 MST 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 09:00, Randy Arabie gave up the right to
remain silent by saying:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Grant Johnson wrote:
> > I use fetchmail and procmail to retrieve and then sort mail.  I
> > am sure you could use that combo to sort out spam too.  I am
> > planning to start doing so as well.
>
> I do too.   And it works pretty well.  I thought about suggesting
> that, but I didn't know you could 'fetch' Yahoo email. I thought
> the only interface was via the browser.
>
> Yahoo offers POP3 access?  If not, how can I configure fetchmail to
> fetch my Yahoo mail?

My understanding is that they are going to start charging for that,
since you dont get the benefit of the advertising you get to see now
when accessing your mail via the web interface.

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
You can't be a real country without a beer and an airline.
A football team and some nuclear weapons help, but at the
very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa