[CLUE-Tech] RE:[CLUE-Tech]Good UNIX/Linux primer?

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Fri Apr 5 17:47:55 MST 2002

  a.. It's purple.
  b.. It's a UNIX book.
  The Waite Group's UNIX Primer Plus ISBN 0672227290
They try to cover everything. I was confused by various sections when I read
it years ago. Too much in too fast.

O'Reilly's LINUX in a Nutshell ISBN 1565925858

is a reference book. Don't try to read it. Reference only.

The LINUX Cookbook, Linus Journal Press ISBN 1886411484

is a simple little book. It doesn't cover everything, it doesn't even try
but it's a good introduction to some common useful UNIX tools. It's an easy
read.