[CLUE-Tech] Good UNIX/Linux primer?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Apr 5 20:18:11 MST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:33:58 -0700
Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at attbi.com> wrote:

> > Hmmm. The only purple book on my shelf is "Learning the Korn Shell" -
> > O'Reilly, by Bill Rosenblatt. Surely you're not referring to that one?
> > ;-)
> >
> > How 'bout a link (preferably on Softpro) for this "purple" book. No
> > dinosaurs, please.
>
> Do you mean like this?
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/softpro/0-13-020601-6.html
>
> Nope, I'm not referring to "Learning the Korn Shell". :)

That was my first "unix" book, followed by "sed & awk". Thanks for the
link. Looks like a beefy tome. I'll have to keep it in mind for future
use.

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine