[CLUE-Tech] Apache Web Server and VB code

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Apr 6 11:25:27 MST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:07:28 -0700
"Mickey Keenan" <mickey at keenanhome.com> wrote:

> I am pretty new at Linux and Apache web server.  So please bear with me.
> I have a machine running Red Hat 7.2 with the latest Apache version.

Considering this is so coincidental with the official release of Apache
2.0, I have to ask if that's the version you're referring to. I'm guessing
not, if you're new to this.

> also have a website configured with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET in
> visual basic.  Can Apache and Linux be configured to run the website
> with the .Net Framework?  Is additional software necessary?  The site is
> very basic right now (again it is a learning thing and not a
> professional thing).

A search for ".net" here didn't yield anything:
  http://modules.apache.org/search

I rather suspect such will come along. Maybe it could be implemented using
Mono?  http://freshmeat.net/projects/monoproject/?topic_id=868%2C90

> The reason I ask this is that I am trying to pick up .NET skills at the
> same time as Linux.   By no means am I a Microsoft proponent but the
> skills are still in demand.  That is why I learn their products and
> tools.
>
> Thanks.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mickey Keenan

You really want your home/mobile numbers visible on a web-accessible
e-mail archive? Up to you, of course, but the thought makes me queasy. ;-)

jed
--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine