[CLUE-Tech] Apace/PHP Brain-Cramp on HTTP_REFERER?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Apr 9 13:29:05 MDT 2002

Well, a bit of reading on the PHP and Apache websites is telling me that
$HTTP_REFERER should be available to me as a "normal" global. Looking at
example scripts, I see it used.

However, using the <?phpinfo()?> script, I see nothing by that name, not
even as an element in $_although register_globals is on in php.ini.

I will note that my reference is inside a function, where it is declared
as a global. ($HTTP_POST_VARS doesn't work either, inside the function,
BTW). And yes, I did spell it the proper incorrect way ;-). The php FAQ
page specifically mentions these "CGI environment" variables, and from
what I could find on the Apache site, HTTP_REFERER is a standard for
Apache.

So, what am I missing? This is Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.1

Thanks,
jed

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine