[CLUE-Tech] PPP cennect problems?

David Jackson david.j.jackson at pickledbeans.com
Sun Apr 21 07:44:31 MDT 2002

I been using WebConnections for while and never had any problems connecting
from Linux until this last install, and the only thing that changed on my end
is a replaced my generic external modem with a USRobotics external.

I'm tri-booting between Debian-2.2.r3,Slackware-8.0 and Redhat-7.x, and
using the same old pppsetup script on Slack pppconf on Debain, and
Dialup Configuration tool on Gnome.

Of the three only Redhat completes the connection? Redhat does seem
to use CHAP? I reset parms, to CHAP under pppconf but no luck?

Would this suggest that something changed at my ISP? Or could it be an
something with the modem?

Thanks,
David