[CLUE-Tech] Do these two items exist?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Apr 25 18:44:51 MDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:32:42 -0600
"Dameron, Gregg" <gregg.dameron at lmco.com> wrote:

> I am a longtime Solaris user looking to bring some *nix knowledge home
> to my MS-ME box.
>
> 1.  My first eyes-on look at Linux was a colleague who was running
> RedHat 7.x on his laptop.  He opened a terminal window and entered
> "lintowin" or"lin2win" (don't remember which).  A large window appeared
> and inside it was a Win95 desktop, running natively (or so it appeared),
> allowing him to bring up MS Office docs.  The window closed when he
> picked "Start -> Log Off". Does anyone know this command and its
> pedigree?  (Or is it more likely to have been an alias to WINE or
> VMWare)?

You sure you're not thinking of this:
  http://www.netraverse.com/products/win4lin30/

> 2.  I have been unable to find any evidence that there is a Linux
> version of the Desktop Korn Shell (dtksh).  Is there one?

Unfortunately, nothing there about a Linux port. However, it looks like
you'd need CDE, and I'm not aware of an "API compatible" CDE environment
for Linux. There are "lookalikes", but I haven't tried them.

jed

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine