[CLUE-Tech] Is this true?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Apr 25 21:40:33 MDT 2002

Begin Rant ...

The site probably uses some stupid AcitvieX crap, or similar IE only
software.  Then the jerk has the nerve to insult your browser, when he/she
chose to implement non-standard web pages.  There is just about 0%
chance this is legitimate.  Anything needed on the web can be done with
open standards.  These people chose not to do so.  It is their fault,
not yours.  The problem to them is that, 90% of users can get to it, so
they think Microsoft is a standard.

This type of stuff is the biggest threat to Linux out there.  My wife
runs a Linux box, she is not a developer/coder/geek. She runs into this
from time to time.  Microsoft is slowly but surely 'embracing and
extending' the 'net.  If we don't get help from the Justice Department,
I am afraid we could be in trouble.  Every time we complain to the web
masters, we get no response.  And with .Net, we are just seeing the
beginning.

End Rand ...

Ah well.

Tim