[CLUE-Tech] Lazy person question

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Fri Apr 26 11:47:53 MDT 2002

Don,
I wouldn't use --nodeps unless you have a real reason to. The
dependencies are there for a reason. Also, if you are trying to
update already installed RPMS then you might want to use
--freshen or -F instead of -U. -U will install anything that
isn't already there, maybe that's what you want to do, but I just
wanted to point that out as I had to use it recently when I
downloaded the entire set of updates from Red Hat and didn't want
to install anything that wasn't already there.
But to answer your question, yes using something like *.rpm as
your package file will work fine.

* Don Collier (df_collier at hotmail.com) wrote:

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert